Compostable Mailer Bags (Extra Large)
🍃 25 mailing bags (extra large)
🍃 Bag dimensions: 400 x 540 mm, 40-micron thickness
🍃 Our compostable postage bags are crafted from a combination of recycled organic materials; natural, renewable GM-free potato-starch (and other biologically sourced polymers), and cutting-edge, Earth-conscious, plasticiser-free thermoplastics
🍃 The biobased carbon-share of our biodegradable mailing bags exceeds 30 per cent (in accordance with ASTM D6866)
🍃 Our environmentally friendly mailing bags are 100 per cent compostable and are fully biodegradable in accordance with strict EU compostability standards
🍃 EN13432-certified and approved for home composting by OK Compost and Vincotte
🍃 Tough yet flexible, Earth-friendly and vegan-friendly; our compostable postal bags can be used for a wide variety of purposes
🍃 The self-adhesive flap has a printed sender address box and a safety warning notice
🍃 Economically worthwhile
🍃Please note that all our outer packaging can be reused, repurposed or recycled
Why Choose our Eco Mailer Bags
When it comes to mailing paperwork; flat products or soft flexible items like clothes, plastic postal bags were widely accepted to be the packaging solution of choice because they offered reliable product protection and a pliability and versatility that makes posting them an affordable doddle. The only thing that they lack is eco-elegance; until now! Introducing our extra-large, milky white, semi-transparent, fully compostable, Earth-conscious mailer bags. With these, you can rest assured knowing that not only can you still send items in an affordable and sufficiently protected way, you'll also be doing your part to protect our planet too, because:
- Our postage bags are made right here in the UK from GM-free potato starch, organic biopolymers and state-of-the-art plasticiser-free thermoplastics; all-natural, sustainable and vegan-friendly resources
- Our environmentally responsible mailing bags are 100 per cent biodegradable and completely compostable. EN13432-certified and approved for home composting by OK Compost; they'll completely degrade in commercial composting plants - and at home in a compost heap - without leaving any toxic chemicals or other nasties behind
- Primarily designed for pure packaging convenience and available at a nominal cost to you, our compostable postal bags are thick; strong and don't require any further adhesives to make them tamper-proof
- As our eco mailers are semi-transparent, we recommend that when shipping confidential items, documents or products to wrap them in tissue or Kraft paper first, purely so inquisitive people can't see what it is you're sending - these materials can then be recycled, reused, repurposed or composted by the receiver
- Once our biodegradable mailing bags have been sealed and opened and no further use can be found for them, they can be placed in compost piles or food waste recycling bins for an easy, eco-friendly disposal
Storage & Usage
Important Note on Sealing Our Compostable Mailer Bags
Due to the nature of the materials we use to create our eco-friendly postage bags, the peel 'n' seal strip requires the bags to be left at room temperature for several hours to form a permanent seal.
Our compostable mailers should be stored somewhere cool, dry and away from direct sunlight as if left near sources of heat and humidity, they'll start to degrade, what with being fully compostable and all. For that reason, once a delivery is received, our postal bags should be used within six months.
Our mailer bags are governed and endorsed by OK Compost and are EN13432-certified. This means that our non-toxic, biobased compostable postage bags are internationally recognised as being fully biodegradable both at home and at commercial composting sites.
In industrial composting units, our eco mailers will disintegrate in less than three months; in domestic composting facilities this time will vary but typically takes longer than 90 days.